Guided Idaho Elk Hunts
IDAHO ELK HUNTING OUTFITTERS
ARCHERY ELK HUNTS & RIFLE ELK HUNTS
ELK HUNTS (8-30 through 11-8)
One-on-One Guided Hunts
Excellent Success Rate for our 2017 Hunters
Idaho Elk Hunting Guides with a lifetime of EXPERIENCE
dedicated to GIVE 100% for your Successful Hunt
Idaho Elk Hunts
A bull elk bugle echoes through the high country on a cool September morning. A camo clad archer waits excitedly as a herd bull pushes his cows in for a drink from a high mountain spring. Elk hunting has always been a passion and a main event for us here at Rawhide Outfitters. Our guides, all with a lifetime of experience, have the knowledge, techniques and love of the hunt to ensure a fun and memorable hunt.
We’ve specialized in archery and rifle permit elk hunts in units 29 and 37-A since we began outfitting in 1989. We enjoyed high success rates in these units. Since then we’ve added elk hunts in units 28, 36 and 36-B.
At Rawhide Outfitters our main priority has always been quality over quantity of hunts, being very careful to never over hunt an area. We very seldom have over three elk hunters in a camp at a time.
2018 Rates and Information
One on One Guided Hunt
Elk Hunting Season Aug 30 – Nov 8
|6 Day Archery Elk Hunt||$4,900.00|
|6 Day Rifle Elk Hunt||$4,900.00|
|6 Day Permit Rifle Elk Hunt||$6,700.00|
|6 Day Combo Elk/Deer||$6,850.00|
|6 Day Late Archery & Rifle Mule Deer||$4,350.00|
|Idaho Hunting License||$164.75|
|Controlled Hunt Application Fee||$14.75|
- DEPOSIT – A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your hunt and dates and is due at the time of booking along with license and tag fees. Remaining balance of hunt and applicable taxes are due 30 days prior to hunt dates! Deposits are transferable if a replacement can be found before the purchase of hunting tags in depositor’s name.
- Gratuities are not mandatory, however, it is customary to tip your guide and cook if you feel they did a good job for you.
- Archery elk season begins August 30 through September 30
- Controlled permit rifle elk hunt begins October 1 through October 31
- General elk season begins October 15 through November 8
- Archery elk tags may be purchased across the counter. The controlled permit elk hunts are drawn for on a draw basis. You must purchase an Idaho hunting license to apply during the month of May with the results made known by the end of June. If you do not draw your license fee is nonrefundable, but 100% of your deposit is refunded.
“The One That Got Away!
One-on-One Guided Elk Hunts
Our one-on-one guided elk hunts last six days. We pack in to our mountain camps using an experienced pack string of horses. We provide all the accommodations and equipment needed for a comfortable stay at our pre-established camps in wall tents. Our full time camp cook prepares hearty, plentiful meals specializing in Dutch oven cooking, making this a highlight of the hunting camp experience. Our clients have become our friends as most of them have returned to hunt with us year after year since we have started.
If a small family run business that strives for quality and pays great attention to detail sounds right for you, please contact us.
Successful 2017 Combination Elk / Mule Deer Hunt
“I have elk hunted both archery and rifle with Rawhide Outfitters nine times and the Cranney’s continue to amaze me with the quality of their service. John, Cathy, Justin and Luke’s attention to detail and hard work will make a hunt in the wilderness of Idaho an experience to be remembered forever. The only downside is finding enough time to go again. Simply put, I would not elk hunt with any other outfitter…” Duane Brown
Ready for an exciting elk hunt with hunting guides who CARE that you have the ultimate elk hunting experience?
Our family’s passion for providing the BEST elk hunting experience is contagious, creating elk hunting memories to last a lifetime OR just until the next elk hunting season!